The Process of Hiring an Atlanta Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Residents in Atlanta have faith in their medical community every day. We assume that the medical community - including doctors, nurses, and other health care providers - is properly trained and upholds the highest ethical standards when treating their patients. But this isn't the case every time. Every year, thousands of people become injured or are even killed due to the negligence of medical professionals during their care for the patient. Over 1,500 people become victims of medical malpractice cases each year in Georgia. Most medical malpractice cases are preventable with a little more care from the part of the professional who treats the patient. Most of these mishaps take place in government and private hospitals, private surgeries, medical clinics, and while receiving treatments from a healthcare provider in Atlanta.
Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C.
1355 Peachtree St NW #1000, Atlanta, GA 30309
Mistakes in healthcare can be life-changing - which may lead to severe pain and suffering, loss of income, long-term medical bills, ongoing medical needs, and even death of a loved one. Most of these errors can lead to significant distress in the victim as well as his or her immediate family. That's where we - the GA medical malpractice attorneys Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. - come in handy. We represent clients and their loved ones injured due to:
- Surgeon errors
- Hospital and emergency room negligence
- Failure to diagnose, misdiagnosis, and failure to inform the patient
- Physician, nurse, anesthesiologist, and other healthcare provider errors
- Failure to medicate the patient, under medication, and over medication issues
- Breach of standard medical care
- Wrongful death
- Failure to follow advanced medical directives
- Abuse and neglect at nursing homes
- And more...
We are a trusted law firm in Atlanta GA for all types of medical malpractice cases. Call the best medical malpractice attorney - Kenneth S. Nugent, P.C. - in Atlanta for all your medical malpractice cases. The malpractice lawyers at our GA location have 350 years of combined experience in dealing with all types of medical malpractice cases in Atlanta Georgia. We have worked to protect the rights and interests of our medical malpractice victims. Clients across Atlanta know they need to give only one call to get expert legal assistance when they or someone in their family has become a victim of medical malpractice.
Kenneth S. Nugent has represented hundreds of victims in Atlanta who have been affected by medical negligence. By holding the healthcare provider responsible for their actions, our team of expert lawyers can help you recover all your losses and help to get on with your life. That's why you need to call Kenneth S. Nugent in Atlanta for all your medical malpractice cases.
How Medical Malpractice Occurs
Although residents in Atlanta trust their healthcare providers at all times, medical professionals can make mistakes in the care they deliver. This can happen due to many reasons such as lack of judgment, poor techniques, or even plain recklessness. No matter the cause behind the mistake, the patient will suffer or has to pay with his/her life when such mistakes happen. The latest statistics reveal that 31% of Americans lose their lives from their alleged medical injuries each year. Many of these victims are from Atlanta GA. That's why you need to work with a reputable and experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Atlanta GA when you or someone in your family is injured due to the negligence of a healthcare provider. Kenneth S. Nugent is a reputable medical malpractice lawyer in Atlanta GA. We provide immediate assistance to all patients or their family members who have become victims of medical negligence.
Holding Those Responsible Accountable
Medical practitioners or other professionals in the healthcare industry have to adhere to a certain standard of care when treating a patient. A medical malpractice lawsuit can be brought against a medical professional if he or she is deemed to be legally liable for falling short of delivering the appropriate standard of care. This can include mistakes in drug administration and errors in lab reports. You can bring in a medical malpractice case against a healthcare provider who has not performed his or her job to the appropriate standard of care in the industry if you can prove the following:
- The hospital or medical professional had a professional duty toward their patients. When an individual is being offered healthcare treatments in a hospital or any other setting, the practitioner has a duty of care.
- The healthcare provider was negligent in administering care or treatment. Negligence can happen if the care or treatment provided wasn't up to the standard compared to reasonable standards provided by another healthcare provider.
- Negligence resulted in some form of injury to the patient. The patient should be in a worse condition after the treatment compared to how he or she was before the treatment.
- The harm incurred is compensable where the harm has caused some form of financial or physical loss to the patient.
Proving medical negligence in suspected medical malpractice cases can be difficult for those who are involved in the process - whether a patient, a family member or a deceased victim. The healthcare provider may argue that the patient already had an underlying medical condition that contributed to the cause of harm. No matter what the healthcare provider did, the result would have been the same. That's why you need to rely on a professional and experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Atlanta GA. Kenneth S. Nugent is a trusted name in the region when it comes to all types of medical malpractice cases. Call our law firm today to further discuss your case and find the right representation for your case.
Financial Compensation For Medical Malpractice
Similar to filing a personal injury lawsuit, a medical malpractice claim will let you seek monetary restitution for your injuries suffered due to the negligence of the medical practitioner. You can also claim for the expenses and losses resulting from your injury. An Atlanta medical malpractice lawyer from Kenneth S. Nugent's law firm will work with you or your loved one to uncover all of the ways your life has been impacted due to the negligence of the medical practitioner. Some will be obvious while others will be less obvious. Here is what you could claim for when you are injured due to the negligence of a healthcare provider.
- Lost wages and income due to not being able to work after the injury
- Expenses relating to current and future medical care - including medication and medical devices
- Pain and suffering
- Decreased quality of life due to the injury
- Loss of consortium
- Transport expenses
- And more...
GA Medical Malpractice Cases Have Tough Standards
The average individual will doubt the competence of healthcare provider after a loved one has been injured or died due to the negligence of the healthcare provider. Not all bad outcomes in healthcare could result from medical malpractice. But if you believe you have a case in your hand, the best thing is to consult a professional medical malpractice lawyer like Kenneth S. Nugent. We are a trusted law firm in Atlanta for all your medical malpractice cases in the region. Our team has extensive experience in handling all types of medical malpractice cases.
Insurance companies will try to deny your due claim when they know that your case isn't being handled by an experienced lawyer in Atlanta. Denying claims is the best route to richness for an insurance company. Insurance companies employ staff who will try to convince you that your claim isn't valuable and you should settle quickly or receive less. They employ pressure tactics to deny your due claim. That's why you need to work with a reliable medical malpractice lawyer in town. Make sure you call Kenneth S. Nugent to represent your case and negotiate with the insurance companies in Atlanta. Our team of experienced lawyers is highly effective in negotiating the best deal for you. We will do our best to get you the maximum amount of money for your case. Call Kenneth S. Nugent in Atlanta for all your medical malpractice cases.
Elements Of A GA Medical Negligence Suit
If you want to successfully prove medical malpractice and receive compensation, your attorney should be able to show that:
- The defendant or the medical facility (doctor, nurse, hospital) owed a duty or care to the injured individual
- The defendant breached his/her duty of care
- The patient was injured as a result of this breach
- The patient suffered damages in the form of medical bills, lost wages, physical pain, and suffering due to his/her injury
Calculating Damages And Compensation
The injured patient may seek compensation for his/her damages - including lost wages, medical bills, rehabilitation bills, and home healthcare equipment. The patient may seek compensation for future medical bills as a result of his/her injuries. Our lawyers will work with medical and economic experts to demonstrate the type of care that you will need to live with the injury. The cost of ongoing medical treatments will also be considered in this regard. These costs will be adjusted for inflation and calculated accordingly. Non-economic losses will also be awarded to the victim when he or she files a medical malpractice case against a healthcare provider. Our lawyers have the experience to calculate the monetary value of less tangible damages including physical pain and the loss of life's enjoyment. That's why you need to rely on Kenneth S. Nugent's law firm for all your medical malpractice cases in Atlanta GA. We are a trusted name in the area when it comes to medical malpractice cases.
When a patient dies as a result of medical malpractice, the surviving family members can file a claim on behalf of the victim. This is considered a wrongful death. The following family members can file a medical malpractice lawsuit against a medical practitioner for the wrongful death of their family member:
- Children (If no spouse)
- Parents (If no spouse or children)
- The executor of the estate ( If no spouse, children, or parents)
Why Choose Us?
If you have been a victim of medical negligence in Atlanta GA, an experienced medical malpractice lawyer from Kenneth S. Nugent law firm can start working on your case. We are a trusted name in Atlanta GA for all types of medical negligence cases. We are prepared to go that extra mile to satisfy the needs of our customers in Atlanta GA. That's why you need to rely on Kenneth S. Nugent's law firm for all your medical malpractice cases in the area.
- Hiring an Atlanta Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Professional Atlanta Medical Malpractice Lawyer You Can Hire
- Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorneys In Atlanta, Georgia
- Atlanta Medical Malpractice Attorney To Fight For Your Rights To Just Compensation
- The Process of Hiring an Atlanta Medical Malpractice Law Firm
- Choosing The Best Atlanta Medical Malpractice Attorney
- Been Hurt By A Physician? Call Upon an Atlanta Medical Malpractice Lawyer for Help
- Medical Malpractice Law Firm in Atlanta Georgia
- The Best Atlanta Medical Malpractice Lawyer for Your Legal Needs