Name for Papers: RMLNLU Legislation Journal for Communication, Media, Leisure and Expertise [Volume 8]: Submit by February 7, 2021.
Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University is an institute of law in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. Dr. RMLNLU was founded in 2005 and has offered undergraduate and postgraduate law courses ever since.
About the diary
The RMLNLU Law Journal for Communication, Media, Entertainment and Technology (hereinafter “the Journal”) is an annual, student-edited, peer-reviewed legal journal published by the Journal Committee of the National Law University. Ram Manohar Lohiya, Lucknow, is published. The aim of the committee is to encourage the spirit of writing and to initiate a discourse among knowledgeable intellectuals from various fields of law.
The Journal Committee is pleased to announce the call for submissions for the RMLNLU Law Journal for Communication, Media, Entertainment and Technology. Volume VIII.
This journal is a topic-based journal and will only accept contributions that relate to the same thing.
Call for papers
The Journal accepts contributions from law students, academics and lawyers across the country and abroad in the form of:
- Items: 5000-7000 words. (These are assessments of specific contemporary subjects, aimed at conceiving the subjects in a unique and unconventional way. Assessment of contemporary subjects is valued, but not mandatory.)
- Case Notes / Comments: 2000-3000 words. (These are assessments of the purpose and legal implications of contemporary judgments and laws).
- Book Reviews: 2000-3000 words. (Papers submitted under this category may contain innovative reviews of the available literature.)
- Essays: 4000-5000 words.
The contributions can relate to any current legal issues related to media law and its related areas of communication, entertainment and technology. Authors are expected to adhere to the mandatory word limit given above.
Note: The mandatory word boundaries exclude abstracts, the word boundaries of which are defined in the following guidelines, and footnotes, whereby the use of footnotes should be avoided if possible.
Each of these entries must adhere to the following guidelines.
The formatting must be as follows:
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12 points
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Margin: 1 inch on all sides
- Alignment: Justified
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 10 points
- Line spacing: 1.0
- Orientation: Left
All sources in the footnotes must be cited strictly according to the latest OSCOLA format (4th edition). Endnotes or speaking footnotes (descriptive footnotes) are not permitted.
- The title should be bold, underlined, in capital letters, size 16 and centered.
- Headings should be bold, in capital letters, size 14 and left-justified.
- The content should neither directly nor indirectly indicate or reference the identity of the author (s).
- The submission should be original and not plagiarized. You should show originality in thinking, critical evaluation, and careful interpretation. Submitting a paper means that it is an unpublished work and will not be considered for publication elsewhere.
- The writers need the Motivation letter by doing Main body of the postwhich must contain all relevant biographical information (name of the author (s), their degrees, title, name of the college / university / institution, postal address (es), telephone number and e-mail ID). A separate attachment as a cover letter will not be considered.
- The post with the manuscript must have the category that the submission is for, i.e. article / essay / case comment / book review.
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of two members is allowed. However, co-authorship is not permitted in “Book Reviews” and “Case Notes / Comments”.
- The editors’ decision is final and binding. You reserve the sole right to publish the selected articles as well as, among other things, changes / additions / reproductions.
- The articles submitted for publication and accepted for publication and the copyrights contained therein are the intellectual property of the Journal Committee, Dr. RMLNLU.
How to submit
Submissions can be emailed to [email protected] in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx). The attached submission in the email, i.e. the name of the document, must be the name (s) of the author (s).
The subject of the mail must be “Article / Essay / Case Comment / Book Review for Volume VIII”. Please note that only one submission is allowed per author or team of co-authors. If there is more than one submission, only the first one will be considered for review.
Submission deadline and review
The deadline for submitting the manuscript is February 7, 2021, before 11:59 p.m.
There will be a rigorous review process that has 3 stages and lasts 45 days. The authors are informed of the status of their manuscript at every stage.
Stuti Rastogi: +91 7376182209
Nikunj Baheti: +91 8697800395
Agrima Gupta: +91 9810373335
Email: [email protected]